Terms and Conditions
Team www.detournz.com, campervan specialists in New Zealand, offer a unique experience of online booking and customer service before, during and after your trip. With our knowledge of the country, our relationships with providers and the fact that we are based in the country with access to all rental campervans, guarantees the best market prices, full service and flexibility for your stay New Zealand.
DetourNZ.com establishes a quote on the services you want us to provide. The proposed estimate shows the details of the services and the name of the selected partners. We are committed to deliver on our promise of quality and level of service at the best market prices.
Our prices are displayed and our services billed in New Zealand dollars (NZD). However, you can pay in the currency of your choice at the market rate through our bank BNZ. We can’t be held responsible for the variation in the exchange rate. For information, please visit www.xe.com / ucc (Interbank rate) or your bank for your conversions.
The quote that is provided is based on the prices established by the providers. Our quotes are valid for 15 days after their date of issue. These prices are subject to change in case of unavailability of the product or service concerned and where the service rates are changed. DetourNZ and its partners are committed to providing the advertised product or a similar product. If the increase is to exceed 10% of the total price quote, you have the option to cancel your trip, according to the terms of our cancellation policy. DetourNZ.com reserves the right to provide, or not in each case, the details of the quote of the trip. Our price does not include the cost of passports, visas, vaccinations, taxes to leave the country (NZD $25 from Christchurch) and insurance (except when indicated).
For acceptance of the estimate more than 40 days before the departure date, a deposit of 30% of the tour price will be charged. The balance will be required 40 days before the trip. For a quote accepted less than 40 days before departure, the full amount of the trip will be required.
It is possible to make payment by Visa, Mastercard and Amex:
- Our site is a secure space to pay by credit card.
- By sending us a scan of a completed and signed confidential document authorizing us to debit your account for the amount of the transaction.
- For international transfer. In this case you must tell your bank the amount of the NZD estimate. A fee of NZD $25 applies.
Transaction fees by credit card are your responsibility and amount to 3% of the estimate. Upon full payment, we will send the vouchers required for your trip by email.
All transactions on our website detournz.com will effectively appear on your bank statement under the name of "Detour Travel Ltd."
By DetourNZ: If we are unable to provide the services offered in the quote, we will endeavour to offer you similar campervan products, according to the rules defined in the clause 'Quote’ .
For the customer: after acceptance of the quote, any changes will result in the charge of NZD$50. DetourNZ also reserves the right to pass on the price differences caused by these changes.
Cancellation, modification dates
The client is not entitled to any compensation if the trip cancellation is by unforeseen circumstances or for reasons of passenger safety. DetourNZ reserves the right to cancel your service if we do not receive payment of the balance of forty (40) working days before the start of your trip.
• In case of cancellation or modification dates up to 40 days before the start of services, DetourNZ will charge 10% of reservations with a minimum of NZD$250 or all charges by providers, if it is more than 10% of the trip.
• Between 10 and 40 days before the commencement of services, 50% of the price of the service will be retained with minimal NZD$250 or all charged by providers, whichever is greater 50% of the trip.
• There is no refund can be less than 9 days before the date of commencement of services or after the beginning of the trip. Notifications for changes or cancellations are subject to the dates and opening hours of offices in New Zealand (Monday or Friday 8h to 17h). Attention to the time difference. Certain fees such as but not limited to travel insurance, air tickets (domestic routes), train tickets are non-refundable once the deposit. When multiple clients are on the same file and one of them cancels his or her trip, the total amount of the travel will be adjusted, distributed and paid by the remaining group travellers.
The cancellation of insurance, baggage assistance and repatriation are not included in our rates. We strongly recommend that you take out insurance. We can provide you with travel insurance solutions, please contact us for rates.
Cancellation / Refund
All unused services or any interruption of stay of the client will not give rise to any refund, regardless of the cause. No refund can be claimed if the client cannot provide identification or visa document required for entry into New Zealand. DetourNZ cannot be held responsible for delays related to air, sea or land that would result in non-use of the products.
Any potential refund will be made in New Zealand Dollars. DetourNZ cannot be held responsible for a change of bank rate.
Any complaints about the conduct of the trip must be received as soon as possible and during the trip. In fact it is much easier to find a solution to an existing problem when it happens. If the client cannot contact us at this point, they must make a claim within 7 days. After this period, we cannot guarantee our intervention to providers concerned.
The minimum age of driver is 18 to 21 years depending on the rental. Drivers are required to hold a driving license for over a year and have an international license. We will need to know your flight details (time and number) of arrival and departure, the names of the drivers, their dates of birth, their driver's license numbers, address and telephone number in case of emergency.
Best price guarantee
If you find on another website a lower costs provided by DetourNZ rate, provided that the tariff for the same benefits for the same period, the same type of vehicle, and be subject to the same conditions or restrictions, do let us know! We will strive to match our prices to the lowest rate.
Guarantee of the best online rates applies only to online rates available to the public. Group rates and corporate rates do not apply. DetourNZ requires proof of this price (Email, quotes, ...) to check authenticity. Once verified, you will receive the most advantageous price. Guarantee of best price does not apply to services already reserved and is not retrospective.